What Ranier, Beth Moore, and Greear in their church growth movement are seeking is a THE BAPTIST CHURCH, taking the emphasis off both the individual believer (priesthood of believers) and the local self contained and controlled church of the New Testament. Yes, and they want this new pie in the sky gigantic THE BAPTIST CHURCH to be under the control of their leadership and their theological and philosophical ideas of Church Growth, which they like to call a “healthy church”. They stress that it is the opposite of individualism and Greear has some theological word for it, maybe collectivism.
The Following is some of the heresies of the new Church growth movement, obviously not endorsed by this witness to Church, the local church and one church body, and the Bible–
Pastors must teach their people that the corporate gathering of the church is not a setting for mass individual devotions. We’re not fundamentally assembled so each individual can “engage with God” in a way that fits his or her personal tastes or predilections. Rather, we are a people assembled by God, united to his Son, adopted into his family, and governed in our worship by his Word. The Lord God is seeking a people, not merely individuals, to worship him in spirit and in truth.
This has implications for our preaching. Our preaching should draw attention to the corporate aspects of Christian life and counter the self-centeredness and autonomy found in so many Christian circles. We have to apply God’s word in a way that makes evident the centrality of relationships both to God and to one another. The plural or corporate emphasis of 1 Peter 2:9-10 must inform at least some of our illustrations and applications. Otherwise, our people will read and hear the scriptures as though they sit alone before the pulpit and the Bible.
From: “What must pastors do to help their members regain a sense of the church’s corporate witness, which is so vital to evangelism? What stands in the way of that recovery?”
The 9 Marks of a Healthy Church
The following is Bible on the same subject–
At the beginning of devotional Bible reading this morning, II Timothy 3 and 4 came to mind, that is certain admonitions of those two chapters, so I copied the two chapters and underlined phrases to help with church growth during these times of the Falling away. First of all forget their healthy church, their 9 marks, and their theology of church growth in favor of 9 Phrases for Church growth in the times of the falling away, because being Scofield mites these people like Ranier, Moore, and Greear are not allowed to admit that we are in the falling away right now: how, they think, could there possible be a falling away while they of all people are still on this earth, “God” ,they think, “would not possible have the nerve to do that to such an august group of Scofield mites.”
- Perilous (stressful) times have come because of what individual men in the individual churches are being and becoming starting with the bad behaviors of lover of themselves and lovers of money. By the way “men” is used in the generic sense of the creation in Genesis, of male and female so as not to exclude Beth and other Christian feminist in this church growth.
- These church growth movement adherents, nothing less that the same fundamentalists that split the convention with warfare and the Scofield Bible, have “a form of godliness but deny the power of God Itself in the Holy Spirit. In short, they want to do what the Holy Spirit wants to do but think they can do it better by adding theology, philosophy (the wisdom of men) on the same level as the Bible as the criterion for Baptist faith and practice.
- With all this theology toward the status of a Doctorate, they are “always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” Their pragmatism of what works to grow big mega churches with a local church controlling many satellites has become equal to if not greater than the guidance of the Bible.
- They chose to ignore the “you” individualism of II Timothy 3 and 4, and would say as one friend of this movement, upon learning that Dr. R. G. Lee had licensed me to preach, said “You know, that type of preacher, leader is part of our problem; and they would say the same about the Apostle Paul if he were leading us today, in their fabled heart objecting to “10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions..” Not only would they cross out the “you” and “my” but those Bible doctrines of doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perserverance, and persecutions would be supplanted by the better ways of a healthy and collective church body.
- They don’t know because they have not been there, nor will they, the “all that will godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution” as they status, wealth and collectivism and possessions they use to shield from persecution. If collectively you have all your satellite churches agreeing with you through the “responsible church membership” and discipline of warren and Greear and Rainer, and you keep your fellowship primarily there, how can anybody be into persecution.
- “You, You, You continue in the things you have learned from the doctrines of the Bible and the example of that individual called Paul.
- “ALL, ALL, ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God and makes individual priesthood of believers men of God.
- What are we to do in the light of our present status and existence in the Falling Away, the same as mentioned before, PREACH THE WORD.
- “But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry” even after the Falling Away.
Please following the group on Facebook of Growing Churches the NT way at