The Bible as the Standard for
faith and practice.
NOTE: This in PDF form was the most popular download, and consistently so, on the SunGrist website of www.sungrist.org. You are welcome to download it also, but the extra links work only on the html page.
It is the Word of God, divine in
origin, absolute in authority,
sufficient in message, high
fidelity in communications with
the hermeneutics of the ASPI,
dynamically alive, and
self-interpretative with the ASPI
version (I Peter 1:21)
Why can’t we get back to the Bible as the sole criterion for church growth?
“Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” Acts 2:47
Here is a novel approach, why not make this the unquestionable guideline for church growth.
- Preaching Jesus and Him Crucified so that listeners are convicted.
- Listeners will ask “What shall be do on church growth?
- Preach and teach more first on repentance and the one 9 month baptism of the Holy Spirit, the baptism for the remission and forgiveness of sins.
- Preach as you promise them the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- Preach even more on getting out of this perverse generation, becoming a different and un-spotted by the world people.
- The people that the LORD, and only the LORD God, adds to the church daily, will gladly hear the word, and be water baptized.
- Souls will be added both to the local church and the total body of Christ.
- Further church growth and development: “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the [k]remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
A Vital Church Grows
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this [l]perverse generation.” 41 Then those who [m]gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ [n]doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided[p] them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added [q]to the church daily those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:36-47 NJKV)