Announcing a new Group on Russia, China, and the Gospel Track (tract) series with 10 bad Hermeneutics of the Scofield Reference Bible.
10 ways Scofield Mites practice bad hermeneutics on the Bible.
1. Their most famous (or infamous) is Revelation 16, about which they have attempted to build one-third of their bad theology of the millennium kingdom.
NOTE: Scofield mites are called mites for termites because not only have they entrenched themselves deeply in the SBC to undermine the foundation, but also in the red headings shown below in other versions of the Bible. Those are mistakes, for there is no MILLENNIUM KINGDOM and rapture and dispensationalism. It was hatched by Oxford Press and C.I. Scofield in 1909. How did the “faith once for all delivered to the saints” in the first century get along with such a theology for over 1900 years?
“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for [a]a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
Satanic Rebellion Crushed
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
10 deceptive mistakes of Cyrus Scofield
(1) From this 20:1-10 passage with the only six times in the Bible thousand years is mentioned, not one thousand years or 1000 years which they like to deceive you into thinking, rather all six times it is either “a thousand” or “the thousand”, so that with proper reading it lends itself more to a variable, sort of like x. Here as always in their beliefs they will claim literal Bible or rightly dividing up the Bible into pieces yet fail to admit that the three words about which they build their whole philosophy are not found once, one of which is millennium. which they base on this passage for which they label falsely a thousand years as the millennium.
(2). When you carefully read what the Bible passage is all about you see it teaches a period of time from the first of the first resurrection (the first century) of those saved that died a blood death and the second resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ when the died in Christ shall rise first and then we which remain shall be caught up with them in the air, so shall we ever be with the Lord. You see why the variable x has to be in the “a thousand” or “the thousand”. Because Christians are still dying a violent and blood death throughout the world today, and therefore are participants in the first resurrection. (It is a shame that Scofield mites strive to deny them this heritage.)
2. Scofield mites are in the company with a lot of other Bible readers in that they fail to see “the last days” as starting with the first day of Pentecost after the Ascension and going all the way to shortly before the END and Second Coming when Satan is released from bondage. This makes the last days approximately the same as the so-called millennium, which is really the variable of “a” or “the” thousand years.
3. They fail to mention the withdrawal of the Holy Spirit at all of II Thessalonians which is the only way Satan can be released from bondage or captivity, as it was in the first place the coming of the Holy Spirit in great power with the 3 powers to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment, that put Satan in bondage, restricting him from taking the whole world captive as by the power of the Holy Spirit some are saved. The binding of Satan until the loosing of Satan also marks the x variable of the millennium, x variable primarily because Jesus refused to tell the exact time even in the book of Revelation; and it is a time lodged only in the mind and heart of our God the Father, who is blessed forever, Amen.
4. They play, like Satan, on the emotions of Christians by providing a false means of escape for the tribulation. They with a philosophy of dispensationalism have falsely re-written both history and Bible history so that the final tribulation is put off for an equally false one thousand years.
5. Correlated with this, they fantasize to mix up the great tribulation which happened during the first two hundred years of Christianity, and of which Jesus warned His disciples to flea to the mountains when they saw it coming…mix the great and the final tribulation.
6. Stringing along with their dreams, they use charts to scare Christians who must go through the real final tribulation shortly before the Second Coming by painting horrible pictures. No wonder after reading of the Scofield theology and hearing it preaching, they want to move the final tribulation away far, far from them after a false rapture and one thousand years. However the true story of the tribulation that is dealt with extensively in the book of Revelation is a very limited tribulation, say on one third, or one fourth of the world, or some other limited from the total world. AND THE MAIN FACT they ignore is that a voice holds back the four angels about to dish out the final tribulation until another angel can put a seal of salvation on the head of every living Christian.
7. They practice an art born of Satan and ‘Seducing spirits” that majors in Bible half-truth, sort of like Satan did with Jesus in quoting Scripture out of context. A good example is Zechariah 23 where they try to read in a millennium kingdom when in reality clearly seen by the content, it is talking about the FOREVER KINGDOM. Likewise in the context, you see this is the great last battle and the END of the world, including the Second Coming of Christ.
8. They play with Israel and God’s promises to Israel which was the main goal of the scoundrel and immoral Scofield when he took the contract for money to do a re-write of the Bible with his notes. Rich Hebrews in New York, Oxford Press and other Brits, and 2 gay Greek scholars at Oxford University with the help of the Darby writings wanted to restore the kingdom to the Zealots, something Jesus refused to do; and in fact told them that the kingdom was removed from Israel and given to another country. You can get a good straightening out by reading Romans on how not all Israel are of the nation of Israel, and all Jews are not those of the circumcision; and the study of Ephesians where there is along with local churches, One Church of both Jews and Gentiles.
9. In the process of all these false additions to and taking away from the Bible, the bad and cursed mathematics of the Scofield mites, they have misled southern Baptist and others on the meaning of the one church and of the kingdom. Paul clearly writes that Jews in the first century, and now, become fellow citizens with the saints, in other words of the same Forever Kingdom. And it was the usage of the word “invisible” by Scofield that enraged by Dr. B. Carroll and Dr. Lee, when it is obvious from the 128 times the word church is mentioned in the NT about 22 refer to the one body of Christ of Jews and Gentiles, very visible now as seen by some in the many Christian congregations across the land.
10. This false rapture, not a word in the Bible, has hidden the present existent great apostasy of the Falling Away from the eyes most churches, preachers, and Christians. So many verses teach and preach the Falling Away like Paul in II Thessalonians with “Brethren, be not deceived, Christ will not come again unless there by first the falling away…” So what did Scofield do in return for churches and pastors believing a millennium kingdom especially for the Zealots, he gave Christians a way out of the Falling Away by putting it off more than one thousand years, along with the final tribulation by striving to shackle another later generation of Christians with it. Yes, it is true that the present return of the Jews to their homeland in predicted in the Bible in the very same passages that (1) tell of the Forever Kingdom after the Second Coming; and (2) that tell of the great last battle of all nations with the invasion of Jerusalem where one half of the population will be taken captive and the other half saved. That is the straight poop that TBN, Swaggart, and other Scofield mites should be telling their people.
Since Scofield theology and philosophy is the greatest hoax after perpetuated on the American people and SBC, you will want to free download this 10 misleading mistakes of Scofield on the Bible from SunGrist at: http://sungrist.org/10ScofieldMistakes.pdf