I. Prayer During Thanksgiving, Holidays, and New Year.
Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy great name and reputation. We are amazed that we are allowed to pray “The LORD is my shepherd”, addressing You the great and Mighty God of Creation and Salvation—that you lead us beside the still waters, that you anoint our head with oil, that yea though we travel through the valley of the shadow of death we will fear no evil for You are with us, that often you make us to lie down in green grass; surely goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives, and we will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
We express thanksgiving for this food and for this assembly of friends and relatives about us, asking you to bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies that we might nourish the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ; for we know that “There is only one life to live and twill soon be past, and only what is done for You will last.” Amen.
II. Challenge for the Holidays and the New Year.
You are going to have to get more serious in 2019 about this matter of Christian faith, or the IN CHRIST of faith in what He did on the cross for forgiveness of sins as well as in the Resurrection of the dead to share eternal life, and for the faith once for all delivered to the saints in the Bible which is Word of God. MTD for the infamous among youth Moralistic Therapeutic Deism will absolutely not do it, as that belief system is very close to no faith in God, Christ, and the Bible at all. As preachers like Peter Marshall prophesied (preached) in the 50’s, “If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything”, but not heeded by church members or American society during since the falling away from real God, real Christ, and real Bible; and now fulfilled from the parents and teachers in the lives of the millenniums–a belief system in almost nothing except the American Democratic faith. As American citizens of equality under the law, we can be grateful for that; however for Christian life and living according to the ALL Scripture method and movement it is vastly inadequate. Any Christian that strives to live life with only that faith in a Civic Religion is like an automobile firing on only one cylinder. And to help are the following—
All Scripture Christian Life and Living Books
1. Friends of Jesus in this Bible and Computer Age.
2. One Commentary on Ephesians, 7 Essential Christian Doctrines.
3. Some Sounds of Sound Faith.
4. Snatching, Stumbling, and the Falling Away.
5. What the Churches Don’t Want You to Hear. (Mark)
6. “Den of Thieves” from Jeremiah and Jesus.
7. Hideout for Bad Habits.
8. Technical Applications of Computers.
9. American Thought for Christians.
10. American Scot Ventures and Adventures.
11. Growing a Church the New Testament Way from Some Baptist Best.
Most of these books are available for free download on the SunGrist websites of http://www.biblecombibleman.com and http://www.sungrist.org. Three ways it is recommended that you can find and download them.
- Go to the index page of http://www.sungrit.org, called The SunGrist Topical Biblem http://www.sungrist.org/ and you will see first an Alphabetical Listing of SunGrist Topical Bible subjects for A to Z, and then also on this home page you will see a SEARCH box where you can find anything on the site.
- Go to the Free Downloads category of this website and search through the weekly downloads for the book or message in which you are interested. It is listed with Reasonable Service at the top of this post.
- Go to the Free Libary on SunGrist Facebook, at https://www.facebook.com/JerryAdmin/?modal=admin_todo_tour and browse the weekly posts and free downloads from both SunGrist websites.
Some of these books are also available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback formats, and the easiest way to browse them on Amazon is by going to the Jerry Vaughan McMichael Author Page on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Jerry-Vaughan-McMichael/e/B07LB2B11Y?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000
Since it is more blessed to give than receive, consider giving this season to the orphanage of Jonny Jonny Janon Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jonny.jonnyjan She lives in Montgomery, Pakistan in a Christian colony, her and her family took in those lovely kids you see in the featured image after a terrorist attack made them orphans. Send her a message at her facebook site, and she will explain how to send a donation.