““There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” King James Version (KJV) 1 Corinthians 10:13
- In Context of the chapter, the previous verse is a warning of how we can deceive ourselves on the power to know and do right, it comes with the sin problem.
“Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.”
- However the tenor of 10:13 is that if God is trusted, He is “faithful and just” to keep one from temptation that is greater than his ability to handle. Temptations are COMMON to all humanity, this Scripture above says..
- BUT GOD WILL PROVIDE A WAY OF ESCAPE to allow any human to handle that temptation.
- There is the tendency today to blame every thing on God, and appeal to other humans that God is persecuting them, how foolish, and Pastor James makes it clear that God, our Heavenly Father does not tempt any man but temptations come from inward desires to want and have more which the Bible calls lust.
“For God is not tempted by evil, and He Himself doesn’t tempt anyone. When someone is tempted, he should not say, “I am being tempted by God,” because God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one.” (James 1:3)
- Now trials from God the Father is a different matter as He does send trials to our faith (1) to modify and correct our behavior and thinking, and (2) to increase our Christian maturity IN CHRIST.
“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- Yet once again God the Heavenly Father through the power of the Holy Spirit in us provides wisdom to comprehend how to handle those trails. And how much better would this advice from Pastor James be than to dream that in 70 years after Captivity God is going to magically provide prosperity as He promised the children of Israel in Babylonian Captivity. Satan is the only one that will provide prosperity, but at what a cost.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”